Saturday, April 19, 2008

External Renderers

Not too much more right now, I'm off to buy shoes!

Anyway, I 've previously mentioned Freestyle as an NPR renderer (its specifically designed for it). It doesn't like to run under wine,and I'm not willing to take the time right now to piss about compiling it for linux, especially since I can't get it to work :(

Anyway, the other one I've found which is similar is called Pantograph. Its a couple of python scripts which convert renders to SVG (or something, anyway the output is SVG). So this is interesting, in theory you could change the line styles, add a bit of randomness to the lines, whatever. I've not had a play with SVG yet, so I don't know for sure.
But it sounds cool! Link is here:
I should have a bit of a play with it later and see what else I can get from it.

Another thing with potential is Renderman compliant renderers. There are quite a few free ones out there (i'll post a list later). Renderman was invented by Pixarm, and is a shader description language. I'm not sure if its a standard, but its quite popular, and worth looking into as well.

No comments: